Sunday, February 22, 2009

Genuine

Today, I realized something about myself. I noticed that I'm not the most romantic guy ever. I'm not really serious. I'm not mysterious. I don't really hide much. I'm pretty much an open book. I let people in easily. I forgive too easily. I'm not a ladies man. I don't hook up. I don't kiss and tell. I have a bunch of friends, most of which are girls who I don't have any romantic attraction toward. I sat here for a long while trying to figure out why I'm like this.

Then, it hit me. I'm setting myself up to be a dad. I won't sweep you off of your feet like prince charming. I won't live a second life like Batman. I can hardly go 5 minutes without trying to make someone smile. Besides a dad, a clown is my only other option.

So, I'm glad I'm not a ladies' man. I'm glad I'm not a badass. I'm okay with the fact that I won't really be much else besides a father because, well...


That's all I've ever wanted, really.


A genuine dad.