Tuesday, August 10, 2010

It's funny.

I can't believe the irony of blurting out all the things that make me cry when I'm alone while I'm sitting in the middle of the happiest place on earth.

Dear Erin,
     I talked about you today. I said the usual things I say when I'm feeling sad and talking to you about us. That doesn't define who you are to me. Or to anyone else. Not anyone that matters, at least. I'm trying to think of a thousand other things to say besides "I love you" because I feel that you grow tired of me saying it to you in any situation that's sad. The thing is, I don't want to say anything besides "I love you". It's all I need to say. If you really understood what it means when I say it, you'd know that "I love you" is all I need to say. For all the things I've been through, all the things you've put me through, all the things I've put you through, and all the things we've been through together, I still have to have you. I've hugged you so many times, and have given you so many kisses, it'd take the rest of our lives to count them all. I still have that insatiable urge to hug and kiss you like when a couple first gets together. You can believe anything you want to believe about me and how I feel. That won't change how I actually feel.

I love you.

No comments: