Monday, September 29, 2008

Dear New York,

Dear Miss "Stay out until 4am",

I do worry about you. I don't worry about you because of what you're doing, but because you're too far away for me to give you a hug when you really need it.

You make decisions for you. That's why you're in college. It's not for us, or anyone to tell you what to do. We can give you advice, if you want it, but nothing more.

Personally, I'm behind you, and I support you 100%, even if I don't agree with what you're doing. Just know that I will always be here for you.

Sincerely, Mr. "Predictable"


Dear Miss "Homesick",

It's been quite a while since I've seen you, or even talked to you. I can't help but notice you miss us. That makes me happy. It tells me that I - better yet, we still have a place in your heart.

You still have a place in my heart, for sure. You're a great friend, and I'm so glad I got to know you in such a short amount of time.

Whenever you're down here, give me a call, or something, yes? It would be very much appreciated.

Sincerely, Mr. "Friend-sick"


Dear Carmen,

I'm super happy to see that you're doing what you want with your life. You've found your place; you know that's where you want to be. I'm proud of you.

Don't expect to learn too much yet. It's just G.E. after all. Besides, aren't life lessons the best kind? It's hard to learn about things like life without experiencing them, so more power to you.

Just to say, I won't forget about you. We'll be psyched when you come to visit.

Well, I will, if anything.

Love, Omar