Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Dear Jesus Freaks

I have nothing against God, or anyone else' respective god or gods, but seriously. Stop fucking preaching and shoving your fucking religion down everyone's god damned throats. I don't have anything against religion, but I do believe I have the right to disagree with any aspect of any religion. I have the right to say that I think you're wrong. Oh, and don't ever ever ever try to explain to me that God exists and tell me that it's logical. I'm not saying he doesn't exist, but it's a matter of faith. It's what the entirety of religion is built upon. All I ask is that you respect everyone else. I understand that you want the best for us, in your eyes. That's fine. Preach to me. Explain to me what your religion is, or what you understand it to be. I'll listen, but when you start getting in my face about it, then I'll fight back. You know what's funny? Most atheists know more about religions than a lot of people who follow them. Maybe before you trust everything it has to say, you could question it. Then, and only then, will you really know if you agree with the religion. Who knows? Maybe studying your religion will make your faith that much stronger.

Just because "the Lord is our shepherd" doesn't mean we have to be sheep.

1 comment:

taylor said...

"It's a matter of faith" is pretty much my favorite explanation of why Religion is the way it is.

Glad someone is on the same page as me