Saturday, October 2, 2010

Word Choice

I'm really sick of people saying things like "hilariously awesome". Unless the fact that something is completely amazing, and is so amazing in that it makes people laugh, don't say stupid shit like that. I'm also super fucking tired of "epic". Yes, I used to use that word, but very sparingly. Epic doesn't mean cool. Quit throwing it around like it is. Oh, and to all you "hella" users, what the fuck is wrong with you? It doesn't even make sense. You know it's derived from the phrase, "one hell of", right? Like, "That was one hell of a punch." The context you use it in isn't even the same anymore. "That was hella punch." Fuck you. Oh, and "skrill", that's such bullshit. That sounds nothing like money, has nothing to do with money, and implies money in no way unless you rub your middle and index finger against your thumb.

All I'm saying is think a little bit. Sometimes, less is more. "Awesomely epic"? Are you fucking kidding me? I doubt whatever it was that was so "awesomely epic" really wasn't THAT intense. Just say "great". Quit overdoing the whole "unique" thing. I used a ton of quotation marks in this post.

No comments: