Thursday, April 14, 2011

Listening to Mac and Wiz lately has gotten me thinking. Do I want to live my life and have all the stories to tell my kids and others when I'm older? Do I want to run the risk of losing the only girl I've ever let get close to me? Do I want to lose the greatest girl there ever was? Why is it that I wanted so badly to forget all the days that everything hurt so bad? I mean, didn't it all hurt so much because we're so in love? Is it the fact that we're young and don't know how to be good to each other? I'm so afraid of the life I'm living because I don't want to throw away the life I was leading. Why is it that what we want never seems to fit into how we want our lives to play out? Love isn't a dime a dozen. Why do we think we're invincible when we're young? Why is it that I'm only grasping this concept now? Just so you're on the same page, my epiphany goes like this; the old saying "we were young and invincible" stems from the idea that we throw away love when we're young because we think we'll have it when we're older. The problem is tomorrow is never guaranteed, and even if it was, do you seriously think that any of us would be lucky enough to have something as beautiful as love just handed to us? The trick with love is that it's so fleeting. It's the one that got away. It's the one that always stayed. It's the one who was always there. It's the slap in the face when you know everything's too good to be true. It's the one that you miss continually for the rest of your life, even though you pushed it away. It's the one thing that kept you grounded. It loved you. It hurt you. It made you better. It made you worse. It helped you see the invisible. It helped you feel the intangible. It helped you transcend the boundaries of everyday life. It was the drug you always needed. It was everything you could ever ask for, but didn't. It was the one blessing life would give you. It's the one proverbial bone thrown to you from the master of torture and torment that is life. Since I've realized this a bit too late, I just hope that just one person will get to experience the love, happiness, pain, sadness, and magic that I have.



No matter what may come, I will always love you.

No comments: