Monday, May 2, 2011

Abso-fucking-lutely unbelievable.

As if I hadn't already had a bad day, mom comes home and:

"What'd you do today?"
     "Um, I had an essay due, and a midterm, but I was late to class."
"Why were you late?"
     "Well, I tried to print out my essay on your computer, but your computer was trying to update itself for an hour."
"Well, why didn't you use the other one?"
     "It doesn't have Word."
"Why were you late though?"
     "Did you miss me saying it took your computer an hour for me to be able to use?"
"You should have done your essay earlier."
     "Because leaving myself an hour to print out an essay isn't already enough? That was literally out of my control."
"You shouldn't have waited 'til the last minute."
     "I didn't. You're acting like I was supposed to know it would take an hour for your computer to turn on."
"You shouldn't have been late."


Thanks, Mom. You do a great job of managing to make me feel bad for everything.

No comments: