Friday, May 6, 2011

I wish I could have appreciated Box Car when they played.

That's probably one of the bands I wish I could see the most. I'd probably cry the entire show, but I just can't help how much their lyrics take me away with them. I can't really take them in. I just have to sort of follow. It's like when you're thirsty, and you have just a little bit of water left in your bottle, and you stick out your tongue just to wait for the last drop.

To me, Cat Like Thief is the instantaneous yet infinitely long moment where you wait for that last drop. I can't ever listen to it just once. I listen to all my favorite songs and just give up every time because I know I'll never write anything half as good as these songs.

My curse is being led to believe that I have all the potential in the world. The truth? I have potential to be mediocre. I just haven't been able to get that far yet.

No comments: