Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ah, Seniority

Being a Senior is starting to finally make some sense to me. I'd spent some time trying to figure out what was so special about being a Senior. After a while, I realized it. It sets you apart from the other kids in school. I stand in the lines at lunch, and even though I'm not the tallest perseon there, I don't look like the other kids. I hold myself better, and it seems with more humility than the Freshmen and Sophomores who think it's funny to throw food around.

Besides the physical differences, I've noticed other things.

When I run in Track now, I have this newfound confidence and drive. I haven't felt this way since I was a Freshman, and even then, I still feel different. It's great. I finish all the runs and workouts first, and not because I got lucky, or I was having a good day. I do it because I want it. I push myself, and I make sure that I get in front and stay in front.

Being a Senior changes you mentally. You think differently. You realize that highschool isn't really different than life. You think that there are certain things that everyone knows that you don't, or that there are people that are extremely complex. This year, I realized that there isn't anything entirely new that I don't know about people. I don't know it all, but this year is helping me open up my eyes.

I'm learning. I'm growing. I'm happy, and I have relationships with the people I want to have relationships with.

Senior year's the shit.


No comments: